I believed in the United Nations, won a state essay prize of some United Nations Association while I was in HS. Had very high hopes for an organization which would dignify human rights and provide mechanisms for the elevation of the human condition.

What a farce! Instead, it is a club for the ruling classes of the most incredibly corrupt governments on earth, where they can all agree how terrible the United States is, and how much we owe them. The UN can appoint Syria to the chair of the Security Council, Somalia, Sudan and Libya to the human rights commission, and seriously discuss the problem of Jews using the blood of Moslem children to make Passover Matzoh and Purim cakes. The UN has become a debating society for despots and fools, a forum where France can lecture the United States about intervention in Iraq in order to protect France's siphoning of Billions of dollars in the UN's Food for Palaces program, and illegal weapons technology transfers to Iraq and Iran. That's what the UN now "stands for."

Yes, spiff, Bush's policy on stem cell research is moronic. We hope his war on terror does more violence to terrorists than to our constitution. Bush's policies intrude into personal choices of gender identity, he draws the line at gay-marriage, threatens a woman's right to choose. To say Bush is not the ideal candidate is an understatement.

That being said, these are dangerous times, we are under a relentless attack in a war of civilizations which we cannot negotiate, cannot appease and probably cannot win. Nevertheless, we are not given a choice as to whether to fight. Bush recognizes this. Kerry does not. Bush sees the world in black and white. Whether this is a function of a lack of intelligence or not, I think he's got it right. We got an ass-kicking cowboy just when we needed one.

Though a life-long democrat, this time around, I'm hitting for the other team.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.