What makes you think that Bush will focus on reducing unnecessary spending, or is it just hoping? I haven't seen anything from him to make me think that he will, but if it is in fact the case that he will I would feel better about him being in there for another term.

Craigsub, as far as the US being worth so much more, I never looked at it that way. Then again, I haven't seen those numbers before that our net has grown so much. Where do those figures come from?

I would still think that we should be able to balance things and have that net continue to grow without growing the debt part along with it. I see trillions of dollars, a debt number which is too large for me to even comprehend (who among us is ever going to see near that kind of $), and I have to think that something's got to be done about it eventually. It's the people that make up that $25 trillion in worth, but the govt. that owes the 5 trillion (or whatever the numbers were) correct? They certainly aren't about to take the 10k per head(or whatever it would break down to) from the people to pay off all the debt, so it sounds like the govt. is still in debt without a way to pay that money back, even if the country's worth has gone up.