Though reading this thread, I've avoided posting in it like the plague. And, though it causes me a great deal of pain, I do support, it's right to exist. I don't feel this is the right place for political discourse, but freedom of speech, and free expression, is worthy of support.

What is VERY difficult for me, in this current disagreement, is watching two people I "know," like, and respect, holler at each other. Based on my experience with both, It is my opinion that each is a decent, honorable, honest, worthwhile, loving family man, who wishes no ill to anyone.

Having watched BigJohn's postings for a year now, I do not believe, for a second, that his intent was to offend Craig. He has been one of the more "gentle," reasonable, considerate, friendly posters on the forum. He, now and then, can be outspoken, but I never thought his intent was to offend.

His error, if you wish to call it that, was letting his dislike for, and frustration with, President Bush bubble to the surface, something he has kept, other than one or two minor belches, very much under control. Being a Texan, and having the opportunity to observe the President closer than I, while I may, or may not, agree with him, I tend to believe his opinion, correct or not, is based on his observations, and not just some wild mindless bias.

In defense of Craig, though he is a relatively young man (OK! OK! Relative to ME, he's a young man) I think he has adopted a standard of behavior that I remember from my childhood, when it comes to the President Of The United States. Even if you don't respect the man, you respect the office, and you offer it's current occupant just that. Unfortunately, that value has gone galley west, along with humility, integrity, and consideration for others. It's only my opinion, but I get the feeling he was as offended by that as he was by any perceived insult to himself, and that, I suspect, fueled his resentment of what John said.

Funny thing is, Craig, I'm STILL getting viciously demeaning, insulting, emails attacking Bill Clinton, and, of course, Hillary. Good heavens! It's been 4 years since he's been in office. You'd think my politically conservative friends would've gotten over it by now. I think I have a number of these emails still in my "deleted email" folder. Can't be sure, because anytime I see the word "Clinton," I just delete the email without reading further. If anyone is interested, PM me your email address and I'll forward them to you, just to show you I'm not fibbing. They are NOT for forwarding.

Anyway, It is my sincere hope that, you two will find your way back to a friendly relationship, because, though different, you are both good men, and I consider you both "friends."

OK! Enough of being reasonable.

KNOCK IT OFF! YOU'RE BOTH PISSING ME OFF!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton