Bridgman, I DO appreciate your wanting to bring some humor into this, and normally I like to do the same. But there are certain people here who love to make insults, then act innocent. I literally had posted facts about Dick Cheney and George W. Bush ... and BigJohn said I was "fooling myself"

With politicians from both sides, people could draw all sorts of conclusions. For example, Al Gore owns 88 acres of pastureland in Tenessee for which he has been given over $500,000 from Occidental Oil for mineral rights. The Gore family was given this tract of land shortly after Al Gore Sr., in 1971, had seen to it Occidental had gotten a 47,000 parcel of Federal property literally given to them by the Govt.

Later, Al Gore Sr. took a $500K per year job with Occidental, and Jr. has made the $500K in royalties, and the stock is worth $1 million. Not bad for zero investment.

Then there is the Kerry/Heinz Family, who pay about 12% of their income in federal taxes ...($600,000 last year on $5 million in income ... all through tax loopholes)

YEP - Politicians take advantage of a LOT of largess ... But we just don't see the "right" leaning guys pointing out the same type of examples that the "left" leaning guys do. I have also noted, in my life experience, that people tend to act in their own selfish interests. Employees, Employers, Unions, Management ... etc... I have ALSO noticed people tend to pick a particular point of view, and that is IT.

Does President Bush get the most he can from the circumstances as provided ? Yep. So does everyone else ... Afterall, I don't see too many lottery winners deciding they are "getting more than their fair share", and turning the ticket back in.

Anyway, I was merely posting facts, when BigJohn took it upon himself to post what he did. I was not typing anything about him ... but, according to him, Spiff, and PM ... HE is allowed to say ANYTHING he wants ... and that is GREAT. If I respond ... That is uncivil.