"I have to say that I have never yet heard one sound argument against gay marriage..."

To me the phrase "gay marriage" is an oxymoron. We all seem to agree that marriage is a religous institution. This particular religion, and all the others that I am aware of, forbids the behavior. To have a gay marriage in a church would be the same as having a ceremony where a pair of adulterers are officially pronounced "man and mistress" by the church. To ask a church to sanctify sin with a holy ceremony seems pretty bizarre to me.

Of course gay civil unions will have some costs in the form of lost tax revenues and increased partner benefits, but that does not seem like valid reasons to deprive gay couples of equal legal standing. Given that about 10% (?) of the country has decided to be gay it seems to me they deserve equal protection under the law.

BTW, craigsub, you shouldn't be so sensitive to perceived personal attacks - your earlier post basically called me "naive". I interpret that as a nicer way of saying "stupid", but whatever.
Best advice my Dad ever gave me was, "Son, don't be sensitive. Men shouldn't be sensitive. Women are sensitive."