In reply to:

You mean like the civil rights movement in the 1960's?

OK, now wait.. lets not get overly dramatic here.. i would hardly call the civil rights movement a small interest group. thats kind of a stretch there craig.

thats not what i mean at all.. BLAH, man i just cant type out some big ole post about this subject. it would sound vague, and random. its not a specific thing i can put my finger on, but its there, and i think everyone feels it a bit.

its why that judge in georgia had to remove the plaque of the 10 commandements from the county courthouse.

its why the state of alabama had to remove the confederate colors from its state flag.

its why there has to be a warning on a cup of coffee that says "warning, coffee is hot".. DUH!!

its why we dont pray at texas high school football games anymore.

its why teachers, when assigining detention, have to assign the detention around the students schedule.

its why ross perot was ever considered for president?

its why we pay $2.25 a gallon for gas, when we have 800 billion gallons of it under an iceburg in alaska.

its why a rancher cant shoot a wild coyote while watching it attack his herd of sheep.

there is a huge range of stuff i am talking about, and trying to fit it on a single post is impossible.

craig, i believe that gay/lesbian life mates should have the same rights and benefits as a typical heterosexual married couple has. i am not arguing that point with you.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??