Another more or less Democrat chiming in here. Good discussion for the most part. Must be our common love of good sound and Axiom speakers.

I am reading to learn - it is an interesting way to hear both sides. I do have a few bits of input.

"1) I DON'T believe that abortions later than the first trimester should be allowed."

I think it is hard to say when life begins for me - until about 2 months - then it is definitely a person.

"3) We'll just disagree on this one. We did not HAVE TO take out Iraq."

Agreed - why not "take out" Sudan, etc.?

"7) I guess I like living on the edge. I'm also an athiest, so if I'm wrong on that one, I'm really screwed, aren't I?"

Maybe more to the point - it doesn't seem right to forbid someone to have the choice when it is pretty unclear (the crux of the issue) when life actually begins. If the right really wants to make abortions stop - why don't they really push their own folks to provide good alternatives? They (used to be "we") are much more inclined to try to pass a law that is not going to get passed for years to come than to start up real alternatives. (Granted even Jerry Falwell has started places for "unwed mothers" but the options like this are still few and make the pro-life movement seem hypocritical).

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.