Jack - This topic is just one of thousands in which the government has gotten involved, much to the detriment of our freedoms.

Most of the electorate you mention spends from January 1 until May 1 to pay his or her taxes. Then we have to pay the rent, car payment, food ... etc... how much time do you think the "stupid people" have to research each candidate and bill ? Or to care what goes on with other people's lives ?

Like it or not, All these groups go after things the wrong way. Everyone is interested in HIS own problem, and not those of others.

When you try telling the family of 5 that they need to worry about Spiff's marital status, or the fact that I have to spend $150,000 re-doing the drainage around my dealership because the local government, which is a different set of nit wits than we had three years ago, changed the laws that I JUST complied with... They just don't care.

Until we Americans QUIT trying to get the government to control what we as INDIVIDUALS deem important, we will get more of this. Had the government not co-opted a religious item (marriage), this would not matter.

The government controls us by controlling our money. Get married ? Here is a tax break (govt. controlling behavior). Have a kid ? Here is a tax break (govt. controlling behavior). Make $5 million running a business ? Send us 40%. Make $5 million in a Municipal Bond ? OOPS... YOU get to keep it ALL.

Again, take the three steps I outlined above, and WATCH the government's role diminish for EVERYONE. This means everyone is more FREE.

By the way ... Pass all these things, and if Spiff and his Sig Other get married in THEIR church, I will be happy to attend. And if they HAVE no church (due to their beliefs), but want to have a private ceremony, it is none of my business.

I would still go to the party, if invited...

Last edited by craigsub; 11/06/04 07:48 PM.