Russia is not entirely innocent. They let so many other provinces break away but not the Chechens who they deported wholesale years ago, and have been awful to - so the Russians just upped the ante I think. They have not gone to the extent SOME of the Chechens have gone to - true.

Not that being nice is the solution now, but addressing some of the injustices done would help. Meanwhile - yes we have to be strong in our approach to them. Military strength with work toward justice.

It would also help in our situation with Al Queda (here come the flames!!!) not that we could get anywhere by talking to them - but by dealing more fairly with the Palestineans it would take away some of their recruits.

I do apprecuiate other points of view - this is what I think would be the best way. Even the best case scenario kills off a lot of people on both sides - but less, hopefully, than what we have done recently.

This is not a wholesale condemnation of our approach - we do try at times to negotiate fairly and we are MUCH different than the terrorists, I agree.

Awaiting incoming...

Last edited by donaldekelly; 09/09/04 07:31 PM.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.