Indeed we are doing a blind testing Peter.
My wife sets up the bottles labelled A through D. The lads sit in the basement and await the letter labelled glasses.
The last time we did this it worked out well except for a slight mixup. We had two ppl handing us glasses and one of them got the left and right bottles confused (picked up a glass in left hand but put it into our right hand and hence ONE of us thought it was the left bottle vs the right bottle....). So needless to say, when we tried to describe the wines and none of our character thoughts matched we questioned the servers as to how they handed us the glasses. Of course at that point, we had to start the tasting all over again. Keep in mind that this particular night involved two tastings with the first being white wines (2 bottles) and the second tasting being 2 reds. Also keep in mind that we don't usually spit during our tastings, but knowing that tipsyness can be a factor, we limit ourselves to 4 selections for tasting in any one evening.
Well as you could guess, by the time we figured out the glasses were mistakenly switched for one of us, we had to redo the red tasting and by the time we were done, the tasting notes were starting to look alot like the 1st year chemistry notes in that 8am class where i kept falling asleep.
We did eventually get it sorted out but by the time we were done, the reds only had about a half bottle left in each of them.
{sigh}
The hardships of life, i know.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."