Do you mean pyramiding? I don’t recall mentioning them or dropping weight. Sorry if I confused you.

Pyramids are what I do for the most part, but I don’t think that’s what you should be doing if fat loss is your primary goal. Pyramid sets are where you start out with a lighter weight for the first set and do higher reps. The next set you put on more weight and do fewer reps and continue that way for five or six sets. The last set you drop a bunch of weight and shoot for a high rep set. A pyramid for me would like this…

Incline press:
Two warm up sets – 135 X 15
Set 1 – 225 X 10
Set 2 – 275 X 8
Set 3 – 315 X 5
Set 4 – 335 X 2
Set 5 – 225 X 8

My goals have changed over the years. I no longer desire to gain size, but just keep what I have and do my best to keep it from turning to fat. I find that pyramiding gives me a well rounded series of sets that hit both fast and slow twitch fibers and also give my joints some time to warm up before hitting them with heavy weight. Ten years ago I could do a warm up set and then throw on a lot of weight for a target rep of two or three. I can’t do that anymore without injuring myself. Leg press is another good example where pyramids work well. Most folks can leg press at least three times their body weight, but that amount of weight is pretty tough on the knees. By throwing a plate on each side for each set, you give your knees time to warm up and you can also gauge when you need to stop if your knees start to pop or grind.

As far as you’re bought of nausea, that is normal for novice lifters, and also for experience lifters when working legs (I still puke). It’s just something you will have to work through. You’ll also be sore as hell for a few weeks as you push lactic acid out of your muscle fibers when first starting to weight train. It is normal and not to worry about too much. Don’t give up and work through it. Within a month to six weeks, that soreness will reduce dramatically. If you are working out with the right amount of intensity, you should be sore, but it will not be as painful as you will be while working the lactic acid out.