Time to resurrect this thread.

I finally made one of my powerlifting goals today by Squatting 375 lbs. Add that to my 240 lbs. Bench and 385 lbs. Deadlift and I’ve got a 1,000 lbs. total. I know it really doesn’t count since I didn’t do all the lifts the same day as in a competition but I’m getting closer to being able to do that. I had set a goal for myself that I would enter my first competition once I felt I could get a 1000 lbs. total so I’m going to start looking for a local competition I can enter a few months after I get back from my upcoming deployment.

On a hypertrophy note I’m up to 180 lbs. and must be getting noticeably bigger. In the last three weeks I’ve gotten more comments than I can count. One supervisor started calling me “muscle man.” Another commented I should get bigger pants since my “A$$” is too big for the current ones (Squatters Butt), and these are my “FAT” pants. Another coworker commented on how “jacked” I looked.

Add to that I had to wear my dress uniform (fitted when I weighed 165 about 9 years ago before I dropped down to 140 lbs. ultra-running) and it was a chore. I couldn’t button the collar and had to hide that with my tie since I didn’t have one of those button extenders. My thighs barely fit in the pants and were so tight that you couldn’t see the crease where they were ironed. Luckily there was a table between me and the board members so that wasn’t obvious. On the plus side I forced me to sit up very straight since the coat was pretty tight. Also work related I just had to buy a new utility blouse since I almost couldn’t button the ones I have.

However, the most motivating thing that happened was when I stopped at Wallyworld (Wal Mart) on the way home from work last Wednesday after switching back into my workout shorts and tank top. Within 2 minutes of walking in the door I already lost count of how many women/girls did double takes or just outright eyef****d me. That’s sure as hell never happened before. Kind of disturbing though was a few of the girls were IMO a little too young to be showing that sort of interest. Changing times. . . .

Off to do some Hill Sprints.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1