I am not sure if this topic is pertinant to this thread - but here goes.......

I posted in another thread my agonies over purchasing from the Factory Outlet or waiting to save enough to go to the Custom Wood Shop. One of the regulars - Zimm, I think - suggested that I go with the Outlet and then do my own wood veneer. Couple of questions:

Axiom's Custom Wood Shop - does anyone know how thick or substantial their veneer is? From all the raves and reviews, I understand it to be of high quality - so the point of the question is could I even come close to replicating myself?

Wood Veneer in general - I am - ok - with wood working. I would not say that I could call it a hobby because I don't do enough of it - but I am ok at it and could call it a pleasant distraction. The thing about me when I do something - like home repair or improvement I generally overkill it and do it better than most that I could hire to do it. So.....having said that, how difficult a job would it be to do the veneer here in the home?

Thirdly, what type of veneer would I be looking for and where would a person typically get that veneer? I think Zimm recommended Paper backed?

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill