I'm looking to build a new cabinet for my disc duplicators and printers. This was my original rough idea, though I think I've decided to build a cabinet from scratch rather than modify my existing setup as this drawing shows. I bought a monitor arm mount to install on the outside left side of the cabinet so I can keep the top of that lateral file cabinet to the left uncluttered...as well as getting the monitor to eye-height while standing. The arm will allow me to push the monitor flat against the side of the cabinet when not in use. For reference:

So, I thought it might be a good idea to also get a keyboard/mouse shelf mounted on the side as well, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. If the mounting plate (on the LCD end) of an LCD mounting arm could be rotated back to a horizontal position, I could mount a board on there to hold a keyboard and mouse. But I've never seen an arm that would allow the TV/monitor to, in essence, face straight up, so I don't think that will work either.

So, in thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I really only need that "board" to pivot out....then back to being flat against the side of the cabinet. So, I came up with this:

The small "block" above and below the shelf would, of course, need to be tight to the board so that the board wouldn't droop from slop at the joint. But...if I make those blocks tight, there will be wear in the joint over time. I'm thinking that if there were a low-friction material that I could install on the friction points, I can keep it all tight without the problems.

Any ideas/thoughts on the design itself? Any ideas, specifically, for keeping this tight to avoid the droop without the problems associated with doing that?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::