A guy in a woodworking forum has had luck with a "lawn and Garden" remote that will handle the load, but it's got the same problem in that it switches power on to my DC, but then the "soft" buttons or remote is still needed.

On another topic Murph, did you ever buy that router? I'm still going back and forth and back and forth.

I have a Triton 2 1/4HP mounted in a Rockler table, and would like to get a second router for handheld and dovetail jig use.

I have been playing around with this purchase for 6 months now, and keep changing my mind (the stupidity of THAT is pi**ing me off!)

I can't help but wonder:

Frequently I see sites (stores) that help narrow your choices down to some final items for consideration. Does anyone know of a site that does this with routers?

For instance, there are 244 models available (probably not far off, which is why the "finder" would be helpful):

The questions could be:
*Do you intend to mount this in a table? (Now down to 118 choices)
*Do you need a 1/2" or 1/4" collet? (Now down to 56 choices)
*Do you want variable speed? (Now down to 22 choices)
*Do you like D-Handle style? (Now down to 4 choices)

Yadda, yadda, yadda..... eventually finding your way down to a single, few, or "best match" choices.

Anyone know of anything like that for routers? Coincidentally, I know several other people that are in the same exact situation, and find the number of choices dizzying.

I'll probably get a PC 690LRVS. If I don't , I'm gonna build that freakin' website! Well, pay someone to build it for me at least! \:\)

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::