Thanks, I love the table, up close it is just a wild piece of nature. To get the glass in I just left the stump and the glass outside. Hurricane Katrina did the rest - a perfect slice! At least that is what I tell the kids.

Actually, it was a good bit of work getting it cut with a chainsaw and then hand planing it to near level and smooth as glass, with hand rubbed linseed oil. Then attached with a large lag bolt through the center of the glass. I had hoped to avoid the bolt, as the inside under the glass came out really beautiful. But kids kept almost flipping the glass off so I had to bolt it down and cover with the cut-off. Makes a nice optical curiosity. Then I build the banquet seating around the corner, and wallah! Seating for 6 or 7 in a nook to small for a 4-person table and chairs. Saved a good bit of $$ and got something unique that I really like - the Holy Grail of DIY, for me anyway.

Funny thing is, we used it so much that I got the green light to toss the dining room table and use that room as the HT. All the work paid off!

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire