I'll abstain re: the router since we've already PM'd about it.

What you were saying regarding the Home Improvements is exactly my problem. The two major areas where I want to do work (the kitchen and the main bathroom) really will require a total rebuild as far as I'm concerned.

For example, here is our pantry, off the kitchen:

We have to replace the faucet and sink. If we do that, we have to rebuild the counters from where the old big-azz sink was. And, we have to redo the backsplash.

I already need to redo the drawers (not visible on the lower right) and the floor is dark, ugly and in poor shape. Oh yeah, the floor is asbestos too.

Our main bathroom is the same type of thing. We only have a freestanding tub that we converted with a portable shower hose, permanantly mounted (the plumbing side of the tub is in front of the window, so there's no wall). If we remove the tub, we would likely replace it with a standing shower and it would need to be moved to another location. To do that, we would have to move the radiator. Replace the old sink, cabinet and toilet, and we would have to replace the flooring. This is the bathroom that is prone to pipe freezes in the winter, and the pipes go right above the windy in the pantry photo. So, it would be dumb not to take care of that while we're doing everything else.

Before we know it, we've got $20,000 worth of work to do in the bathroom and $50,000 in the kitchen!

So yeah.... I'm hesitant to get myself into it! Especially with the "frustration factor" of having a kitchen or your main bathroom (only place to shower!) under construction!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::