Any fans here of pocket hole joinery?

Yesterday and today, I've been working on a project that my wife has wanted done for 17 years...since we bought the house. Our washer and dryer are in the basement, but the dryer was never vented outside. I had it going into a bucket with holes around the top and a few inches of water on the bottom. The problem with venting it outside is that I didn't want to lose the window at that spot.

So, I took out the current window and built a "box" to hold the vent hose that corresponded to the levels and contours of the deep window (The foundation is brick). The box takes up the left third of the window opening, and I built a new window for the right two-thirds of the opening. I had never built a window before.

I planed some wood down to about 1/4" and made T-shaped splines that fit in the groove for the glass, but decided the frame would be stronger with pocket hole screws. I had been doing some pocket-hole stuff for a few months now, but this time I plugged the holes. I have to say, this frame is really, really strong and with the plugs in the pocket holes, they're hardly visible. (The window is going to be painted white anyway).

I'm finding that I want to use pocket holes more and more because of their strength and simplicity, but seeing how well they plug, I might even start using them in visible areas with contrasting plugs ( Walnut plugs in Maple, for instance ).

It feels awesome to get a project done that's been on my list for 17 years!!!

So, any other pocket hole fans?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::