I think Joyce and I are going to refinance what's left on our mortgage to take advantage of the lower rates. We've met with someone already and it looks like we can have the same monthly payment, but pay the loan off earlier and get a big bag of money besides. We'll use that towards renovations in the kitchen, bath, plumbing, electrical and asbestos removal (Murph will be so proud of me!) \:\)

We've got an 8x10 dirt-floored, walled-off root cellar in a corner of our basement that we've never made use of. As things are getting a bit tighter down there in the workshop, I think I'm going to clean it up, put in a cement floor and a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Then I can put the dust collector and compressor in there making the shop quieter and giving me more elbow room.

I have a Jet 1.5HP dust collector... the package with the 1-micron filter and remote control:

I've loved the remote; I just throw it in a pocket and turn the DC on from across the room when ready to work at each machine. I'm realizing it might be a problem for this application, though, as the Remote /Timer control unit has no "bypass". So, if I put the unit in a separate room where the remote and sensor can't see each other, I can't turn it on/off. Even a switch outside the room won't do any good, as I'll supply power to the unit, but not "trigger it on".

So, though I've never felt the need to do it in my HT, I might actually be looking for an infrared repeater for my workshop!!??!!

Has anyone here ever converted a dust collector to RF so they could use an MX-850 or a Harmony Remote in their shop??

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::