That Bosch is earning a great reputation and it certainly takes less space than other-brand equivalent sliders.

As always, you have to look at what your needs are. I got that big Makita because it allows me to crosscut very big pieces down to size, which I wouldn't feel I could do safely on my own on a table saw. But I'll admit that it was too heavy, awkward (and maybe even delicate?) to bring to and from my parents' house all the time so I bought the DeWalt for use on a stand.

The Makita has a laser and the DeWalt doesn't. Personally, I like the laser. Yes, it only aligns with one side of the blade, but that means 50% of the time it's used. It's not really necessary, but I use it.

There's never a substitute for a good blade. Cleaner cuts, less strain on the motor, and safer to boot. High tooth count is good, because it's not a combination blade...it's crosscuts only (obviously). The blade that came with the Makita was very good and meant I didn't have to buy another. I DID buy some "lesser" blades though for when I'm cutting PT 4X4s or PT 2X16s!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::