OK, I need a new circular saw and you need a new subtopic as this thread has been sadly dormant since January.

7 1/4 blade. 15 amp minimum.
Price? -- An essential tool but not one I use a lot so preferable under $200 Canadian. At least after sale pricing.

Things I need in a saw besides obvious things like 'decent quality' and 'power'.
---------------------------------
1. Most importantly, a good base that feels solid at every depth setting and bevel angle. I've been playing with them in stores this weekend and some models seem a bit loose when angled.
2. A good view of the blade from all angles. I can't stand not seeing the blade from the right side, when needed.
3. 56 degree bevel angle
4. Positive stops for common angles on the depth and bevel sliders, assuming they are accurate. Not a 'must have', but would be a 'nice to have'.
5. A simple but often missing feature. Engineered to not blow all of the dust up your nose.

Things that are not as important.
-------------------------------------
- This is not a tool I tend to use for long periods at a time so weight is not a big deal for me as opposed to someone who does a lot of rough carpentry for a living.
- The blade it comes with. I already own several blades of various types so if the stock one is not top notch, I'm not too concerned.

All opinions, experiences, stories of lost digits, etc. will be very much appreciated.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.