Thanks for thinking of me Adrian. Yes, I suck at spotting that flashy envelope thingie. It's almost like I'm color blind to it, yet I know I am not.

Wouldn't you know, that is the exact model I bought and payed about 60.00 more for it saddly and that was a sale price. As mentioned in my return PM, it is being returned. It has developed a very nasty noise after just a few light uses and sounds like it is ready to blow it's parts out through the casing.

Even though I have been away a week, I checked and it is still on sale at Mississauga hardware. I may just do a return instead of an exchange and order it after all, depending on shipping costs.

I'm also looking at the Makita 5007MG Magnesium saw now that I have time to reconsider. I have talked to a couple of contractor/carpenter friends of mine and they both HIGHLY recommend this saw. They buy worm drives for the heavy lumber work at construction sites but prefer this saw for home type use as it's a lot lighter but the quality and ease of use is equally high.

That being said, they did agree that you can't beat a worm drive for all day heavy cutting. They also agreed that Dewalt (the contractor grade stuff, not the cheaper home lineups) seem to last the longest on the worksights. Much longer than Skil, if really roughly treated.

At Adrian's sale price, I'd actually end up paying more unless a sale pops up so I'll likely be sticking with the dewalt.

I looked at the Skil models too but locally could only find the $210 dollar model and it wasn't included in the sale at the time I needed one right away.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.