Well, honestly, the stove already makes less economic sense than it would for many others. We have a Natural Gas Boiler, which is theoretically the cheapest heating source already....or at least on par with the pellets So I'm not expecting the savings that others get who are using oil, electricity or propane. Many of those people are talking about recovering their costs in a few seasons.

I just read the Sunday paper in the kitchen while eating my gruel and the kitchen was very comfortable. As a matter of fact, I didn't have any socks or shoes as the hardwood kitchen floor is warm from the stove below. And it was 14F degrees this morning with a wind chill of -10F.

Yeah, we won't get the savings that others do, but I'm thankful that is because we already have an economical main heating system. But, I was concerned that the pellet usage would increase our costs, and I don't think that's going to be the case anymore.

I have more to do, with new valves that can be put on each radiator to balance the temps around the house and, at some point, I can do a lot of buttoning-up around the house and in the basement in particular. I'm learning a lot in that other forum and know that it can all only improve from here!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::