I've had badness happen with binding on my fence, but I put it down to having a crappy fence that was poorly set up. Fortunately, no one was standing in the target area. The piece of wood hit the door of my shed pretty hard, though.

Clearly I need to look up what a M+T jig looks like.

Mark, you've got it right. The piece is installed. I've already messed it up, but if it happens again...

I'm also trying to fit several other pieces of 1x2 between uprights (making the cross on an H) that I cut sliiiiiiiightly too long. So I've been trying to trim them down with a very small, high tooth count saw and then sanding them to fit. Kinda works. Sorta. I'll probably cut the rest on the table saw once I have one of my example pieces almost exactly the right size. Of course, I'll have to do it freehand, since my fence doesn't go out to ~4ft. Nor do I have space for a fence that does 4ft, sadly. Not that it would WORK with lengthwise 1x2s, now that I sit here and have a little common sense about it. Maybe with a jig it might, but that's kinda beside the point right now.

Last edited by Ken.C; 03/30/13 03:36 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!