Originally Posted By: MDrew
My day job can be pretty stressful and this is a good distraction for me to ‘turn it all off’. I love the smell of fresh cut hardwoods and the hum of a finally balanced table saw.

I feel the same exact way. I have a running gag with Joyce where I come up from the shop at the end of the day, act like I just remembered something important and say "CRAP! You know what I forgot while I was down in the woodshop?" She feigns along and asks "what?" and I reply "Everything!" with a smile!

Quote:
I also use a Rigid table saw

Which one? I just bought the 3630 for $330 because Home Depot

was making room for the new Granite-topped ones. It's not the cabinet saw I planned on retiring with, but better than my Craftsman as it has a much better fence and better rip capacity, dust collection, great mobile base setup... etc.

Quote:
Jet 6” joiner, Jet 12” bandsaw, Rigid 13” plainer, Jet dust collector {{SNIPPED}} I use a Dewalt biscuit cutter a lot too. {{SNIPPED}} My favorite is my old Makita 18 gauge brad nailer.

It's funny how many tools we have in common. I forgot to mention in my "about me" post that I bought a Porter Cable bicuit joiner and compressor/3 gun setup that I love!

Good to have you in the gang! If I could ever build a piece of furniture as nice as Ken, a wine room as nice as yours, or the rest of my house as good as Adrian, I'd die a happy man! \:\)

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::