I would likely use both. First, hear the before and after difference, maybe decide if i like one over the other, and then check the measurements to see what was done so i don't pre-bias my preference based on measurements.

I've always found our bass during big scenes to be a bit anemic so it's possible i might like the sound of a bump in the lower end (not so linear). I could do this now of course, but if i turned the EP350 gain up too much it would start some port chuff, reduced with some batting way back but has still been a long time coming for a replacement. It's why i'm eyeballing an EP500 instead, or possibly two.
One thing rolls into another.
If we get a newer, larger, flatter tv, then it will get wall mounted. As such, i'll have space under the tv to put a rack for gear (which is presently in shelves to the left of the tv/speakers) which will also give me a counter to put the new centre speaker.
Then i'll have more space to the left of the tv/speakers to put a second sub as the gear will have been moved to under the tv area.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."