Finally got the new replacement driver Friday. Have been testing sound mostly today.
Tried some movie clips, listening for dialogue, background noises. Used the V4 with and without some EQ settings for L/R and C via the Denon. I upped 4 frequency categories by 1-2dB or 0.5 dB and then turned the EQ on and off while listening to movies or music (in DD sound). I definitely like the enhanced EQ for most things. Some songs and movie passages it seemed to have little effect/difference unless i really cranked up the EQ.
So, knowing that either with the EQ or with the Audyssey curve, i can adjust the 'treble' a bit to tweak the V4 sound, i think i'll keep the V4s. The bigger centre channel makes a real difference and i need to have that blend with the mains.

The only drawback with all this is no longer listening to music in pure direct mode which turns off all EQ and plays only through the mains. I would have to settle with the more recessed sound in using that mode. However, this system is primarily HT and i rarely sit down there to listen to music anymore. That typically happens on the main floor or in my office. All that being said, i have enough space in the media room to get a second set of mains that i do prefer for music and i could just leave the speaker switcher hooked up to switch between the Axioms and whatever else i get.
It's a thought, possible option.

As for the new EP500 sub though, just wow. Massive improvement over the EP350. Some people might say the EP350 sounds like it has tighter bass but really, it is anemic compared to the EP500 which FINALLY makes the media room rumble! It presently is taking up everything below 50Hz and i can hear low notes that i definitely never heard before. I'm tempted to put the EP350 in the opposite corner to test out a two sub setup, but they are so different, i'm not sure it's worth even bothering.

Aside from the V4 tonal sound difference, the new VP180 is a huge improvement over the VP150. It just literally sounds bigger; more bass, more vocal output, wider soundstage. It only makes sense that the centre channel be just as big as the mains when it carries so much of the sound in Dolby Digital surround modes.

The new QS10s are big. Did i need them?
Probably not.
I think QS8s would have been just fine for the room size but they don't overpower the two QS8s and provides slightly more cued sounds to the sides. It was definitely a good idea though to keep QS8s for the back surrounds considering the limited space behind the lounges and proximity to the seated position. They needed to be smaller and subtle. In testing out the best locations, so far the DD suggested setup of 130-150 degrees from behind the seated position to the outside walls (https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/7.1-virtual-speakers-setup-guide/) sounds the most seamless with the QS10s positioned (above ear level about 1 foot) 90 degrees to the sides of the seated positions. I did try moving them inward as far as i could go with the limited cable lengths which brought the QS8s to just about above the listener head (didn't have enough cable to put them more to the centre but this would have also brought them within 2-3 feet of each other). They became more localized in these positions and rather pulled the surround sound away from the sides and rears to too much strongly just in the rear. It just didn't mesh as smoothly with the side surrounds. Thankfully the multi directional design helps to alleviate any strong directional sound.

I have yet to finish the setup to get all speakers dialed in for final level matching and Audyssey sweeps. After the sweeps are done i will test out the on and off preference here and as well, tweak the EQ setup or Audyssey curve to preference.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."