Originally Posted by TrevorM
Pretty typical before correction under 200hz.

Turn your sub down 5db in menu and remeasure. If the gain on your sub is set really high it acts as a multiplier -especially in a small room. 5db down may be more like 10 in that room.
I had to turn the gain on the sub down (sitting now about 20% whereas before it was around 40%) or the Audyssey would not run. The Audioholics video mentioned this as well and they noted that if you find the sub sound anemic after EQ, to actually change your custom curve to give the sub under 100Hz or so a bump. I think the alternative is to just turn up my sub 5 or 10% on the gain rather than playing with the curve.

I haven't done listening tests yet. I wanted to be sure that someone else who has played with this thinks the Audyssey is actually doing something. To my eyes it looks really minor, but changed, but minor, so much so that i wasn't sure it was turned on or off. I checked those tests several times though, ran each with on and off 3 times, saved just two to make these graphs after seeing the rest were coming out pretty much identical when the same options were selected.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/19/21 09:44 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."