Originally Posted by chesseroo
Last step is to test out the LFR880 against the M60 V4 in the media room just to hear the LFR effect in that room. Will happen sometime this week.
Listened to the LFR880 again this morning on the main floor vs. the ADS and the Tannoys. Interestingly, the Tannoys have the best balance of the three and if pushed to keep only one speaker, that would be the choice. The LFR effect is very tempting though. We like what it does.

So in reply to my own post, i had that second listen to the LFR880s in the media room and compared to the old M60 Ti or the newer M60 V4, it's just better. Thoughts on the comparison can be found here:
https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/u...arison-m60ti-vs-m60v4-lfr880s#Post444160

Finally the gear oggling is coming to an end.
New 4k TV? Check
New 4k compatible AVR? Check
Added rear surrounds? Check
New bigger centre? Check
Match new speaker additions or keep some old versions? Matching will be possible.

The one surprise is choosing to add the LFR880s to the media room (if anything we figured maybe getting the 660s because of the room size, but i suspect the tonal character of the M80/880s is more equivalent than the M60/660s which is a better sound IMO so room size be damned, the 880s sound better). Consequently, i now need to sell the Anthem MCA30 and find a used 5-channel amp to drive the 4 channels needed for the LFR and the centre VP180 (the AVR will power the 4 surrounds).

The only remaining future addition might be a second sub but right now, the EP500 energizes the room way better than the old EP350 so aside from smoothing out that sound, i'm very pleased with the new sub performance. It can definitely rock that room.

Aside from a short update on a final amp swap, this thread is finally nearing a close.

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/07/21 09:46 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."