Originally Posted by CanesFanInVA
So I bought and used to audyssey app. Huge improvement due to the extra options and curve adjustments you can make. Definitely worth the 19.99.
So far i agree, but only because the app worked for me. Many people complained they couldn't get it to connect, etc. and then will have paid money for junk.
If it works, it works quite well for tweaking.

Definitely suggest watching through that video Trevor posted. Yes it's 2 hours though some parts where Gene is giving his two cents you can skip ahead 10 or 20 seconds and the second hour is them mostly answering questions from the 'live' audience recorded at the time (the first hour is them going through their suggestions for using Audyssey and how to). Generally the info they post on what to turn on, how to take measurements, etc. is all worthwhile. There's alot more understanding of each of the options now and what they do.
I'll be looking at some videos on LARSA after so that first, i'll setup the Denon again with Audyssey with the list of options used (e.g. using Flat vs Reference vs..).
Check results. See if anything looks wonky (in the video they talk about Audyssey setting the sub output too low).
Then run LARSA with Audyssey calibration off then on to take room measurements.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/18/21 07:49 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."