Originally Posted By michael_d
Oh yeh, you're in Canada.....

Ya and the exchange isn't as good as it was 10 years ago when we hit par with the USD.

Quote:
So the US Crutchfield site has that Denon 3500 for the same price as the US Amazon - $599 USD. But the CA Crutchfield site has it listed as discontinued. Interesting...

If i wanted to travel an hour down to the border, i can sometimes get things shipped within the US to a parcel holding place just over the border, but with the exchange cost, it actually works out to be the same or more so it isn't worth the trip once i include gas and lost time.

Quote:
That Onk you are looking at appears to be the better of your options. I am one of those lucky Onk owners who had to send one in for a board replacement.

That does appear to be the final answer. I'm just still on the fence as to whether i get the new AVR now, or wait until i actually need it. I was not expecting to get the newer tv until this fall at the earliest, as long as the old girl we have keeps kicking. I fear i'm going to find myself shopping for a tv in the middle of the summer without any good Black Friday or post holiday deals (like with this Onkyo atm).

Part of the problem in pulling the trigger is waiting to hear about another contract at the end of March. If it doesn't happen, then the tv will be another conversation review and i'll be sitting on an AVR that i'm not really using. So should i spend that $800 plus taxes now when its a want not a need?
....and the analysis paralysis makes the world go round and round.

Quote:
I will never own another Marantz, due to horrid customer service.

Good to know.

Quote:
Don't forget new HDMI cables that will pass a 4K signal.... Monoprice has numerous options.

With the exchange again, i've found i don't save much by going with Monoprice. I just wait for a local sale and it usually gets the cables within a few dollars of online shopping.
I've already got a 4k HDMI on the main floor tv any new HDMI will all be 4k compatible (with the units that do 4k cuz i don't think the Nintendo Switch does).

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."