Originally Posted by TrevorM
I vote sony for full dts:x and atmos eArc support.

I hate the LG menu system, but thats just me.
The DTS and Atmos support via eARC won't be issues for us. We aren't going to Atmos (max. 7.2, possibly 9.2 if i felt ambitious and flush with cash but still highly unlikely). Second, with a new AVR also pending, all HDMI connections will run through the AVR to tv. I can't think of anything we would need to hook up in reverse to use eARC. I think earlier this year that was going to be a use for a purpose but now i don't think it matters. In hindsight, i should have left myself some better notes during my research phase. As it was, i kept thinking that i actually wanted/needed the Sony A1E and not the A9G for some reason. I cannot remember what that reason was anymore. It's irrelevant now since the A1E cannot be found anywhere in Canada for sale (discontinued) and the A9G has limited stock.

As for the LG menu system, i somewhat understand. We have both a LG and a Sony here in the house. If Sony still had a 75" OLED for 2020, i would be looking hard at it. However, since they do not, and there is a chance to get the LG for a good price, i'm going down that LG rabbit hole again. I hope i don't have buyer's remorse after when i discover some bug like CV mentioned. I think earlier in this thread or another one i swore i wouldn't much consider buying another LG product because i have never found 100% quality in their products (e.g. the shut off bug as a great example).

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."