My M5OW tweeter centers are 41" off the floor and I sit 10 feet away. I've tried them as low as 36" and the stereo effect is wonderful with a better soundstage width and just as good an image depth as the active LFRs in the same room. Ditto with the M2OW. The M2OW and M5OW are better in that room than actives in absolutely every way except for the more precise imaging and ungodly bass of the actives. I am much happier with those OW than actives in the living room. So consider them.

I can't see how LFRs can help you but then again, I've never had them 6 feet apart.

Edit: I always shunned OW. Then one day I thought I'd give the M2 a try. After listening to them, I called Axiom and got put through to Ian. I reamed him out because the OW didn't sound like the bookshelves. I asked him how he designed them and tested in the chamber and that turned into a half hour discussion. Poor guy said something to the effect of "Oh well, we tried...just send them back." As I reflected on what he told me about the design, I figured maybe I should nail them to my wall instead of listening in free air. Yup...dumb me. They were a revelation on the wall! They yielded nothing to the bookshelves.

Last edited by Mojo; 09/11/21 05:38 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated