Well i've got the Audyssey run and set.
I got the LARSA set (sing an older iPad, a stereo to RCA connector and some Audioquest cables to the AVR front input jacks, then took a few measures with Audyssey off and then on. LARSA sends chirps to the two front speakers via the pad to AVR signal.
I used the LARSA chirps first (comes through in stereo only) and then switched to an all surround channel test with pink noise from a Youtube video through the LG tv app to get all channels going. Took two measurements with LARSA and pink noise, Audyssey on and then off.
Other notes, for this i had to setup the measurement system a bit different. Since LARSA uses its own chirps for every measurement you take, i had to quiet out the chirps being generated so the pad would only hear the pink noise. I simply unplugged the iPad from the audio output to the AVR then turned down the pad output volume to zero so the chirps coming out of the pad speaker would not be heard and LARSA would only pickup the pink noise from the entire surround system through the pad mic.

Bottom line, i'm not 100% certain that something isn't being done right, either by me, or by Audyssey
The curves with and without Audyssey are very subtly different and in some valleys/peaks, the curves are almost identical. I was expecting to see a much larger difference with the Audyssey on, for better or for worse. It certainly is nothing like the 'flat' curve you see in the Audyssey app that is reported to be set for each speaker.
I would post the images of the room response curves but i have to get them first off an old iPad, edit so you can see the curve labels, then onto Imgur before i can post them here. LARSA allows you to see all the curves on one graph BUT it assumes that all curves are multiple measures of the same thing so then it adds an average line as well. I don't want the average line and there should be a way to turn that on when viewing multiple graphs together in case you are not testing all the same thing and just want the graphs plotted together.

I'll have to wrap my head around this one a bit more and see if there are some reasons why i'm getting the results i'm seeing. Flattening the curves? Not from what i just measured.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/19/21 02:53 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."