Originally Posted by Mojo
I don't know of any speakers that can help you in that kind of configuration. There will always be a compromise. Some KEF models or Mirages may be your best bet. They will cast a huge center image that doesn't waver at the expense of stereo imaging.

Edit: one of the things I've noticed is the on-walls in my living room are more forgiving of MLP than floor or bookshelves. That includes LFRs. I can sit 60 degrees off-axis and still get good separation and a center image with M5OW and M2OW. I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the bow window in between them.

Yes compromise which is why i'm looking to change things around.
With the secondary plan at the moment, trying out LFRs on the main floor, it is possible that the mains in the media room will not even be Axioms.
On-walls would provide about another foot back at most and could have been an option by pushing all the speakers and tv right to the wall, but of course, i have two wall sconces on the wall immediately on the outside edges of the 77" tv so....mounting on wall speakers isn't possible unless they were mounted really low which i don't see working very well.

Again i'll post a few pics later to show all the dimensional constraints.

If we do test out LFRs for the main floor, i will also test them in the media room though.
Lots of testing coming soon i think. Will have to see about borrowing the speaker switcher again.

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/11/21 05:11 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."