Originally Posted by CV
I got a 65" LG C9 before the CX came out. I absolutely love the picture quality with good content. I looked up settings online, and I haven't felt the need to fiddle with them after putting them in. Feature-wise, the LG sets are hard to beat. At least, we'll see how good the HDMI 2.1 features are as more HDMI 2.1 devices come out.

I'm not so concerned with burn-in anymore, but one issue I haven't followed up on yet is that occasionally it will randomly shut off. It comes right back on, but it's still annoying when it happens. Reading online, it seems to be a common problem, and there are quite a number of theories. I've been dragging my feet on contacting customer support because who likes dealing with that? I have extra warranty thanks to Costco, but I should still get the process going. This one issue is the only thing preventing me from saying to rush out and get an LG OLED.

Whichever one you choose, I'll be jealous of your screen size. Maybe in a couple generations I'll be able to jump up into that next level.

Thanks CV.
I recall your earlier note about the LG OLED and your favourable opinion on its overall quality. Perhaps the CX series won't have the same shut off issue as yours. I can't say i came across that when i was looking into the C9 last year, but these type of bugs usually come to light long after the industry reviews were published. Since the CX came out earlier this year, i'm hoping to find some other reviews today, one last check, to see if any bugs have been reported that could be deal breakers. I won't be buying this thing at Costco, so the 1 year warranty is all i've got. I'm not paying $400 for any extended warranty.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."