Originally Posted by CV
Originally Posted by chesseroo
If your unit is still on warranty and you've gone through that LG FAQ with no luck, i would probably call them.
I would say it happens 2-3 times a day now.

That's just an absolute no. Shouldnt' be happening at all and certainly not from a new unit a year old. If you tried everything on that FAQ page, the final line said something about "if none of this works, you likely have a faulty unit".
I wouldn't have waited this long. Perhaps it is coming down to some kind of a HDMI handshake, and why that QuickStart option being turned off helps on startup is odd, but at least people narrowed it down to something specific, You'll need to dig up those specifics again as to what circumstances, if any, cause the signal loss. If it happens just while you are sitting in the middle of something simple, like bluray watching, it just shouldn't happen. The cables should be an issue before you even start watching. Now if you have something else in the mix, running a Firestick through a bluray player into the AVR into the Tv or something wacky, then maybe removing item by item from the chain (save the AVR) until you can find a resolve might help. Being able to borrow another AVR just for testing would be handy though, just to rule that out.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."