Originally Posted by CV
Congrats on your decision. I'm a little freaked out about the issue myself now, but yeah, it's not like I have more confidence in other brands. I look forward to reading your impressions.
Well LG oleds go back a few years now. If there aren't widespread complaints about repairs then i'm tending to think i'm reading the minority reports.
It was interesting to see a whole FAQ page on the thing on the LG site though. Sony sure didn't have anything like that. We'll see how this goes with 2 years of use or for that matter, right out of the box. Reading about dirty screen effects, banding, the QuickStart menu HDMI connector issue, the power off and ons, it does seem to become something of a laundry list of 'issues'. I have read though that some Sony oleds were reported as having the dirty screen door so that is evidently a panel issue, whether some burn in is needed or a setting changed or a whole tv swap, can't quite say.
The HDMI issue is an easy fix and workaround, likely be fixed with a firmware update.
The power thing is the only one that would have me thinking. If your unit is still on warranty and you've gone through that LG FAQ with no luck, i would probably call them.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."