Originally Posted by TrevorM
All you need to do a frequency check is pink noise and the two included modules RTA and FFT plots. Pink noise can come on a CD or there are tracks on spotify for this. If you have a cable to route from the device there is a built in generator as well included.

Here is one on spotify for everyone to use.

Pink Noise -10Db ref
https://open.spotify.com/track/7apGZoUjP97d6UPDdMMc2e?si=f481a3c14a334581

Pink noise will give you a good impression of standing wave behavior in your room and general frequency response.

Sweeps or chirps will be a more accurate impression of how actual source material will sound in your room.

Most TV content does not have sustained frequencies that excite standing waves, but it is useful and important when listening to music or movie soundtracks to know where your problem frequencies are.

Please note: A microphone is only measuring one point in space. Even a binaural setup is not a great representation of what we hear. You need to take multiple measurements or move the mic around to get a better impression. It is really easy to fake a great room repsonse measurement and post to a forum. Lots of differences in moving just a few inches, so keep that in mind. smile
This is why i think the standalone LARSA app might be better for determining the room response. I had thought about just using pink noise with the RTA but since the LARSA is the same cost as the base Audiotools, which one would i likely use more?
I can only think of the one use which is testing the room response under different conditions (wall treatments, new speakers, speaker movements, etc.). Convince me otherwise that Audiotools is still the better way to go over LARSA or would it matter?
I think i prefer the idea of the frequency sweep using individual tones via the chirps.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."