Originally Posted by TrevorM
Looks like a cinema filter is engaged above 6khz?
The Cinema EQ is definitely off. I suspect it might be a limitation of the mic on the old iPad. The alternative is that the room is very absorbing of high frequencies.

Rest looks ok to 200hz. Definitely not bad at all. Under 200hz looks pretty typical.
Really?
Good then b/c as mentioned, i was expecting to see a lot more.

Do you have your sub tucked in a corner? Trying to think of ways to tame that 40hz peak. Not sure but is your length dimension front to back 14ft? If so I know a fix. Nother sub.

Tucked? No. It sits about 9" off the back wall and 2' from the left wall. I don't have the room width to put it at the 1/4 suggested room width (4') but i have the same amount of space available on the right side now since we reconfigured the setup and hence i'll have room for the second sub with similar distancing from the right wall. If i tried to relocate the sub farther from the left wall, it would displace the location of the left speaker farther to the left and if the mains are spread too far apart, the sound pulls way too far left or right. I did a lot of moving around of the speakers during intial setup long ago and i really needed to have about two more feet behind the seating area to really dial in a wider sweet spot.
The room actually has a two direction configuration for 7.2 (we had the wired setup that way during construction). We have never tried out the room on the long axis because the width of the chairs would take up enough space that we wouldn't be able to have our small side tables for drinks without being able to walk around the chairs to get into the room. I often thought the acoustics would be better for setting up the sweet spot though having more distance back from the mains.

As for dimensions, the room is 16' x 13' approximately but the one wall behind the seating is not a flat rectangle (angle ceiling down ward 1/3 the way). The room is not a fixed rectangle in other ways as well. I had images posted at one point in the gallery but when they changed the forums over i think it got removed. I haven't taken any updated pics yet and was waiting for the speaker changeover before doing so.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/19/21 09:17 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."