Well my plans to convert the basement kitchenette area into a wine cellar fell through. When I finished the space last winter, I did not insulate two of the walls, or put up a vapor barrier. Plus, I can’t place a cooling unit on any of the walls due to other room spaces or lack of wall space. Then there is the fact that the basement floor has radiant floor heat and there’s no way of isolating this area. I can’t use a remote mounted cooler because I didn’t put in the right size duct work…. I’m bummed….

So now I have around 150 bottles lying on the loft floor, another cooler full of bottles (60) and all my ambient air racks are full, and another three cases expected to arrive this week.

I need a bigger cooler. Either that or I need to build a free standing cooler.

Any recommendations for a not too expensive cooler that will hold at least 250 bottles? I don’t like to store bottles touching each other, so those coolers with fixed racks for stacking bottles onto one another are not an option for me.

If I could find a self contained cooling unit that I could vent out the bottom front of the cooler, I’d prefer to build one myself. That way I can pick out the wood and build it any size I want. The only cooling units I have been able to find are the kind that are designed for cellars.