A friend of mine has one of those kits you mention Chess. I don't think I want to take that step - at least not yet. I don’t want to be trying to figure out “what” a wine tastes like when I’m drinking it. I just want to “like it”, or not. I’ve had some pretty knowledgeable folks over for get togethers and I watch the way they drink wine. They don’t just drink it and enjoy it, they study it. I don’t want to end up like that, at least not yet.

As far as the oak, I’ve built numerous pieces of furniture out of oak. And the sawdust tastes like crap. I get the smell though……the smell is nice. Not nearly as nice as cherry, but nice. I’ll try picking out a couple different chardonnays to see if I can taste/smell the oak differences.

I saw sideways on the plane coming back from London a few months ago. I should rent it and watch it again. I liked what I could see on that itty bitty little screen.

And I was serious, I am a redneck, and I do chew Copenhagen. Even got big tires on my truck and never leave home without a roll of duct tape