My latest “keep around the house for dinner” red is the Marietta, Old Vine Red. http://www.mariettacellars.com/wines/wine_redlot.html

I buy a case of 12, and pay around $8 per bottle that way. It’s a very nice, medium bodied red that goes with everything from spaghetti to creamy chicken dishes. And at that price, it’s hard to beat. Definitely the best red I’ve found under $15. I like all of the Marietta wines actually. The Cuvee is one that I listed above as one of my all time favorites. I’ve also bought a few cases of Hamilton Estate through GeerWade.com. Geer Wade finds small wineries and sells there wines through the internet. I’ve found some real bargains there. Some not so good, and many very good wines.

I have two wine coolers right now. I’m building a cellar, but until it’s done, the wine that I want to keep goes in the coolers. I’ve got a 32 bottle Avanti and a 54 bottle Stainless cooler I stumbled across at Costco for $400. It’s a Vinotemp cooler. The Avanti is a better cooler. I don’t ever hear it, and it maintains temp better. The Vinotemp is a bit noisy and cycles between 55 and 59 deg.