Originally Posted By: fredk
I have to say the LCBO continues to do a great job with their vintages section. They have taken to identifying more wines that have been highly rated by various tasters\magazines.

The MLCC here in Manitoba will vary vintage selections by store as each store has their own vintage section manager. The store closest to us was fantastic for years then i noticed a change in the offerings and shortly after noticed a guy instead of a woman who was always around that section.
I think they changed managers and the new bottles are not so exciting.
For example, i would not consider a wine found commonly in other provinces a vintage product because it is now in Manitoba, such as Mission Hill Riesling ($15; 50,000 cases per year produced). Now if they ordered the Mission Hill Reserve Riesling ($22; 8000 cases per year produced) which can only be found in BC and some select areas of AB, then that is a bottle which one should find in the vintage section.

NOTE: the Mission Hill example are not real bottles but just a stand in label since i cannot remember the ones i was looking at a few weeks back

Originally Posted By: fredk
I plan to head down to Niagara for some tasting over Christmas. I'll have to remember to post my thoughts.

There are so many lovely wines out of Ontario. It is a shame most US wine mags never review anything but Cdn icewines.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."