Last weekend, I took my list of wines that are on this string to the warehouse where I usually go. Nothing…..they didn’t carry any of them. I was pretty amazed seeing how this store has an enormous wine selection. But what I was told was that there are only five distributors that bring wine into Alaska, and this store uses all of them. The manager was telling me that there are literally hundreds of wineries throughout Napa / Sonoma and that I could spend a few weeks just going from winery to winery. This is something that I’ve always wanted to do, and have just not done.

So, I’m planning a trip to Napa this fall. A few friends and I are going to fly into Frisco and hire a limo for five days to take us from winery to winery. This way, there’s no driving while drinking…..and there’s gunna be some drinking. And the cost really isn’t all that bad split six ways.

What are the “must see” wineries? Should we stick to Napa, or include other areas? The five days includes travel time between Frisco and wherever we end up going, and I haven’t a clue how far away from Napa it is. Those of you that have done this have any suggestions?