Does anyone have a favorite house red they tend to drink?
e.g. That particular brand and grape they would buy 6 bottles of to keep for company and every other weekend which is not overly pricey but an all around good buy?

So far the only one that comes to my head that has been a constant for us to bring out is the Robert Mondavi Woodbridge Cabernet Savs. Its price is around $12 Cdn and seems to have the character of a worthwhile wine for a wide array of occasions. Not too pricey but refined enough for its price.
Our 'house' white has been the Lindemans Bin65 Chardonnay (at about $10 a bottle) but in comparison to some other recent whites just $2 more, i'm not sure we are going to stay with this one. It is nice, light but can be a bit young depending on the year that you can find. The bottles at least one year old are fine but anything from the previous year is a bit too bubbly.
We have yet to find a Cdn chardonnay that we like. I've tried the Beringer Stone Cellar chardonnay but compared to the more refined Founders Estate Series, it just isn't worth the price.

Another topic:

Does anyone here own a wine cooler of particular brand name? Danby, Eurocave, Vinotheque?
I would like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by chesseroo; 05/24/05 03:21 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."