Quote:
Four days in Napa and several grand in wine purchases later………

well that just says it all right there
a great start
I think every year that I pine to go to the Napa Valley I'm also waiting MDREW's new Napa Valley reviews.

excellent photos, you can see just how tough it is trying to get pictures in a wine cellar, believe me I know.

Quote:
Not real sure why, but I couldn’t pronounce Signorello, so we refer to this winery as Cinderella now

perhaps it could have been the numerous glasses of wine?
just a hypothesis.
:-)

Quote:
What I found particularly different with this winery is that they don’t use a PH meter or perform batch harvesting. They inspect all their vines daily and hand pick only grapes ready to be picked

this is interesting because the best way to tell if the grapes are all similar in quality would be to use a more objective measurement [especially pH and briX] as opposed to the subjective thoughts of the person inspecting the grapes every day.
I imagine that this approach would probably add more inter-year and inter-batch variation to their wines, less consistency. However that does not necessarily a negative thing, just a different way of approaching the wine making process.

Quote:
Zinfandel Ice wine

I have yet to try any " red ice wine " that was any good. The few Canadian oneS I've had have been rather uninspiring, too heavy, and not nearly as nicely refined as the whites. a ruby port is more what I believe a refined red ice wine should taste like. IMO

Quote:
For you Canadians, Miss Barnett is Canadian and they fly the Canadian Flag over their home with the US flag.

yes but do they ship their wine to Canada?
Because that really is what is more important here.
;\)

Quote:
We had to catch a plane at 4:00, so we were only able to hit a couple wineries this day.

two funny
you sound like we did when we went Niagara- on -the-lake. it was about 6:30 p.m. and the tasting rooms were closing at 7 p.m. so we were cruising at high speeds to try and make three wineries in 30 minutes to get into the tasting rooms and try six wines at each place plus make purchases before their doors closed and all this after previous day visiting local wineries; we just had to hit those last few more.

Quote:
Considering how much money I had spent on wine by this time, I just couldn’t whip out the credit card again. I’ve been regretting that ever since……

oh I absolutely know the feeling!

it sounds like once again had an absolutely fantastic trip.
I am really quite envious. if the markets ever decide to improve sometime in the next year no more than two, I will definitely plan a trip to Napa Valley. I think I can manage that for four-day trip. is just too bad that our friend who lived north of San Francisco recently moved back to Ottawa otherwise I would have had a free place to stay as well.

the next time we had to Niagara,I will be sure to take more pictures and post a more lengthy review.

Last edited by chesseroo; 10/19/08 04:49 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."