I don't know how it would effect the sound in the room. I know it would not effect the decoupling drywall.

They sell those ez-ancor that work very well in tying a bolt point to drywall. Now the secret is to have enough of them over a large enough area that the force is spread out and not onto a single point. So I suggest using 20 or 30 of them over the area that you have pictured. Now the secret part of it is that you use them to affix a 5/8 piece of plywood that is the size of your shelf to the wall. If you have a bunch of those ez-ancor's at 1' spacing, then any force be it downward or torsion will be spread out over such a large area that each ancor will be pulling at most 1/4 or less of it's designed limit (that has a larger safety factor already. You then attach the shelf to the plywood that had a much stronger holding capacity and all is good.

Done it many a time and it works very well with no issues.

edit: if you want to be really secure, when putting up the plywood, put some of that PL400 industrial adhesive between the plywood and the drywall and it will go nowhere.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 03/17/15 01:20 AM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5