Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
Matt how 'bout you?

If you saw the state of mess that mine is in. There is nothing like yours so I'd rather tuck tail and hide in shame.

I did get my Panasonic working with Netflix. (then proceeded in 4 days to almost max out the bandwith allocation for the month with a some House of Cards 2-3 episode marathons. That 4k tv sure does eat up your bandwidth.

The hard part with the 4K TV is it's hard to really say if the picture quality is better than 1080. It's not like I can do a blind test as I have 2 TV's in different rooms, as well as they are different sizes. The picture quality on the new Panasonic puts what we were happy with on the Samsun 46D6450 to shame.

But as it upconverts everything a 1080p source us upressed to 4K and looks great. I don't have any video in both 4k and 2k to do an A/B test on the TV. House of Cards season 1 was all in 1080, and season 2 onwards is in 4k. I can't really say that there is a mind-blowing difference between picture quality of the two seasons.

The TV can also do HDR when the next or some future firmware comes out. I think they were waiting for the Ultra HD Blu-ray standard to be released and the players to come out. I think that will be in December from what I have read. The panel is 10bit and is has 98% DCI colour space but I don't think it's the quantum dot to reach into the newer REC2020.

I have to get some more of the wall covers finished on the back around the TV. I have a panel that I have to install to cover the water meter and shutoff. Figured out how I will do it, just not got around to it.

When it starts to look more pretty, I will consider posting some photo's

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5