Updates. The chore part of the project is almost done. Then I'm allowed to start going to town on the fun room. The laundry closet, trim and door casings are pretty much done. I still have the tedious job of boxing out and trimming the windows. I've been putting it off because we went through the entire house and I've had my fill of working around windows. They are a slow and finicky thing for sure. Not my cup of tea.

Here is what we figured out for a laundry closet. A stackable washer and dryer live in there. We turned bifold closet doors into louvered hinged doors by biscuit jointing them together. Kind of a pain in the nuts to paint by hand, but they turned out nice.

The bar area is pretty much complete. We hung a pallet wine rack we got as a wedding gift and mounted the workout T.V. at the end of the room. The theater entrance is almost trimmed out now. I have to add a chair rail cap to the top for the crown of the boston header. I splurged for a couple of plinths to dress it up a bit by going with 3.5" MDF for all the trim. Happy with the results so far for $6.20 a length. The trim for all windows, baseboard and doors came to $300 on the nose. Counting pennies now as the budget dwindles.

Finally, here is the room I really care about. It was trimmed out as well this weekend and is awaiting the finish coat of paint and window work as well. I have a couple of spots in the slab I have to address. There are a couple of bumps and a small divot or two I have to chip out and epoxy fill respectively. But otherwise ready for carpet soon after. The color doesn't really show up well in photos for some reason. It looks kind of like a burnt yellow\sunrise kind of hue. The trim and stain color really play well together and it should be a really comforting space. This winter was really really really long here on the Island, so we decided that this room will be the winter oasis. Hence the very warm and sun shiny pallet.

Here is a sneak peak at the 2 overhead lights we went with. Gonna be awesome! Have to find some sconces that fit the design and color theme. The ones I picked before are no longer available to order. Go figure. Inching closer to the finish now. Can't wait to tear into the gear boxes again and start posting measurement plots from bare to various stages of treatment. grin